Easy to make gluten free mac and cheese!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for dish if you use ramekins
- 1/2 cup gluten-free crisp puffed-rice cereal, slightly crushed
- 1 small yellow onion, diced small
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup Ost Lagrad (a Swedish Cheese from Ikea, could use Parmesean instead)
- 2 cups of Mexican shredded cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 box of Gluten Free Elbows (used Ancient Harvest Brand Quinoa Pasta)
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- salt and pepper
1. Cook the pasta according to directions on the package.
2. Brown the ground beef and drain fat.
3. Dice the onions and cook in a medium sauce pan with butter (about 4 -5 minutes)
4. Stir potato starch in with onion. Slowly add in milk, stirring constantly. Allow to thicken.
5. Add cheese into thickened milk mixture and stir until melted. Remove from heat. Add in the pasta elbows and ground beef.
6. Put mixture either into a baking dish or ramekins. Sprinkle with crushed rice cereal.
7. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until top turns golden brown.